Project duration: January - December, 2009
The main objective: To support capacity building to develop the role of Belarusian and Northwest Russian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in policy development and public awareness raising in the field of chemicals management.
Target groups in Russia and Belorus:
* Environmental NGOs
* Educational NGOs (e.g. teachers/youth organisations)
* Health and Consumer Protection NGOs
* to assess training needs among the NGOs regarding their existing knowledge regarding chemicals;
* to arrange 3 training seminars on international hazard concepts, chemicals policy and tools for safe chemicals management will be conducted for NGOs in Belarus and Russia;
* to organize national Russian and Belarusian NGO meetings with competent authorities in chemicals management and industries;
* to generate 15 brochures about all kinds of chemical products, which we face in daily life, their posed risks, potential alternatives to less harm the human health and the environment.
* increased Russian and Belarusian NGO competency in chemical field and public awareness raising;
* 3 training seminars for Russian and Belarusian NGO arranged;
* national Russian and Belarusian NGO meetings with competent authorities in chemicals management and industries organized;
* Russian and Belarussian societies informed on project activities and chemical substances in daily goods;
* 2 project applications elaborated to pave the way for further NGO activities in chemical field.
Partners: Public Association “Ecoproject” (Belarus), BEF-Russia, Danish Ecological Council (Denmark), BEF-Estonia (BEF - Estonia).
2nd training for RU and BY NGOs on chemicals management issues, 29-30 June, St. Petersburg, Russia